March was awesome. Took a weekend trip to Austin, TX where I ate double my weight in food and explored so much it inspired me to do so in my own city. Despite the number of donuts I’ve consumed in the past month, the nice spring weather and FitBit challenges has me being more active than I’ve been all year (granted it’s the third month). And it won’t stop next month when I’m playing on four sports teams. All worth it for that #BahamaBeachBod though.
Kinda forgot about Instagram until mid-way through February. Oops.
New Year, same deal. My monthly Instagram summary turned out well in 2015 so I’m continuing this year! Brief explanation: Took my parents to see ICE! at the National Harbor, ate a lot of ramen, closed one season of Basketball Wives and started another one, survived snowstorm Jonas, and visited NYC. Not pictured: re-joined my soccer league, went back to two shifts at the center per week, and an extremely messy, stress-y desk at work.
Okay, technically I watched the first episode with the Boyfriend earlier this week. But seeing that I was extremely drowsy and fell asleep for half the show (sorry, Boyfriend), I’m gonna give this another go. Though, I could very well fall asleep again. But that would be bad. Cause I’m at work. Don’t tell my boss.
Santa! Stevie looks like Santa.
He sure kissed a lot of women… Is one of those polygamist towns?
Oh, Santa cut his beard! And bleached his hair?
Lmao, “I might’ve went to several taverns.” Okay, gurl. We see you.
Ha. They spelled ‘pack’ wrong. Omg, that poor cat, what the heck?!
Running someone off the road. Welp, that’s one way of dealing with your problems.
Awh, baby! Another baby! Twin babies! Lori got some cool glasses.
Whoa this running is making me dizzy.
Every time I hear that woman’s name I just think of the Berenstain Bears.
Dvorak got cool glasses too! Oh, she’s lying.
I’ve watched enough of ‘Lie to Me’ to know you’re lying too, Mr. Kooshay. That’s totally not how you spell his name, is it?
You think the Beerntsen’s read their kids the Berenstain Bears books? I totally would.
This show is a lot of reading and listening. At the same time. My mind cannot process this.
Pouring concrete and watching divorce court. What a time to be alive.
But this little motion graphic is cool. Kudos, art team!
Steve’s dad though. So much emotion.
Oooh, their jail doors are so colorful!
Why’d he stay at so many correctional facilities? Is that normal?
Whoa. Those letters between him and his wife. Brutal.
Oh here it go… Science to the rescue!
LMAO, “…when Steve Avery didn’t even own underwear.” I die.
No, Stevie. Don’t confess… No…
His poor mother. SOMEONE TAKE HIS CASE. SHEESH.
C’mon little pubic hair. I’m rooting for you. Haaa, punny.
GREGORY ALLEN, YOU SONVA –
LMAO. The random baby.
Y’alls about to get caught red handed.
What do I need to do to be able to introduce myself as a “special agent.”
Why does everyone in these interviews seem so sketch.
NOTHING?! Forreal. What kind of justice system… I am never living in Wisconsin.
What a crack of shit indeed, gurlfriend.
Whoa, that ending. I didn’t fall asleep! Success!
I’m gonna go watch Parks & Rec. re-runs now.
Money rules everything around me. Okay, not everything, but a lot. I’m tired of feeling controlled by my finances. I got places to visit, things to do, and clothes to fill my closet, all without the shackle that is debt. So here are three things I’m doing to be #DebtFreeby2017:
- Increase the monthly payment for both my student loans and credit card. This will require a lot of sacrifice on the rest of my budget. Just the thought of a life without Starbucks every morning* makes me cry a little. Goodbye frivolous expenses!
- Hide my credit cards. Some people are fantastic at being reasonable, logically human beings. I am not. I’m a typical millennial who’s fixated on instant gratification. I wanted a [ridiculously expensive] bike last summer SO I BOUGHT A MUTHAFRIGGIN’ BIKE. I even opened a new store credit card for it. Thankfully, the looming 30% interest after a year scared me into paying it off in five months. But I digress, I’m seriously irresponsible with a credit card in hand. So I hid mine. Outta sight, outta mind, right?
- Unsubscribe from retail emails. Marketing people are great at their jobs. I’d like to meet the person who comes up with subject lines for Ann Taylor & LOFT’s subscription emails. They are seriously excelling at life. I can’t count how many times I’ve made a purchase because my email informed me there was a sale going on. Getting rid of these soul-sucking rodents that ruin my credit score is bound to help me in the long run.
So there you have it. A
resolution goal for the new year. I’m saying goal because so many people get up in arms about the whole “New Year, new me!” mindset. SHEESH, PEOPLE. Why don’t you mind your own damn business and let others live?!
* I’m typing this as I sip my grande soy peppermint white chocolate mocha. Jeez, I suck.
December is my second favorite month of the year, beaten only by October. There’s something about the holidays that makes me want to do all the activities. Got to see three out of the five light festivals I wanted to check out. Tried a few new foodie places. Wrapped presents happily next to our Christmas tree. Exchanged gifts. Rang in 2016.
Sidenote: I officially made it through a year of these Instagram roundups!
One stark difference between the month of November and the rest of my year? There are a ton of people in these photos, which is an accomplishment for this anti-social human being. Apparently I spent a lot of time with friends the past three weeks. Summation of November: Rare cousin dinner with the return of our Cali girl. Queen Carly slayed. 2nd place in my last Turkeybowl (for real this time, unless?). Friendgiving. GNO. Celebrated our 9 year-old relationship with a day in DC. Kaia’s annual Christmas photo. Hard to believe there’s only one more of these Instagram roundups left for 2015. Where has the year gone?
October is my favorite month. For obvious reasons. Celebrated many birthdays, including the pooch! Saw one of my favorite artists; much to my dismay the concert was only okay. Got in a few more rides before it gets way too chilly. Unfortunately did not go to Disney; that photo is simply a throwback. Although, I would love to return. Hint, hint. Someone take me to Disney World, PLEASE. But holiday season is here and it’s the best time of the year! Why did I rhyme so much in this…
Better late than never! September was an odd mix of summer and fall. I enjoyed Labor Day weekend at the beach with my family, but also spent a few afternoons biking in brisk weather. Worked a lot this month, which led to added stress, but more money. Yay, adulthood! Here’s hoping the last quarter of the year will be happier than the first three fourths.
Happy October, y’all. My favorite month of the year! Partly because the weather finally cools down and mostly because HELLO BIRTHDAY. Honestly couldn’t think of many things I wanted for my birthday. Does that mean my life is in order? You can bet it isn’t! Here are five pretty, little items that I’m lusting after. Emphasis on the lusting, cause this stuff is expensive. Yikes.
- Nike Kaishi Sneaker (Black): I have wanted a pair of minimal black and white sneakers for months now. Every time I see a girl rockin’ them I sort of want to knock her out and steal them. In this scenario every girl is size 7, so everything would work out.
- Tory Burch ‘York’ Passport Wallet (Light Oak): I bought my current wallet as a graduation present to myself back in 2012. Three years later, and boy does it look beat. This Tory Burch one would probably suffer the same fate, but it’s so pretty it hurts. #theheartwantswhatitwants
- Kate Spade Foil Dot Pencil Pouch Set: True. I could buy a $5.00 pouch from Forever 21 and it would serve the same purpose. But this one is so much prettier! I’m petty. I know.
- Kate Spade ‘Cedar Street – Marietta’ Card Case (Black): I can’t even begin to explain why I want this without sounding like a spoiled first world-er.
- Tory Burch Robinson Pebbled Square Tote (Deep Berry): After my first designer bag purchase I’ve never looked back. I love the ones I currently own, but have been doing massive research on adding a new one to the rotation. I first spotted this bag in the arms of my favorite bloggers and fell. in. love. Sadly, I haven’t been able to find it in stock anywhere. If anyone found this bag it would be a damn miracle.