I am constantly online window shopping. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I spend eight hours of my day in front of a computer at work. I am enabled. Work enables me. I mean, I’m so engulfed in this habit that there’s a Note on my iPhone that is solely dedicated to things I’m saving up for. It’s fifteen items long right now. Yikes. But before you form some sort of image in your head that I’m a mindless American consumer you should know I hardly ever buy anything. Besides food, that is. There have been times I’ve contemplated writing “Diary of a Fat Kid” on the cover of my financial journal because month after month I completely blow my food budget. But I digress.
So for my first post, instead of some profound declaration of maintaining this new-found hobby they call “blogging” (because I’m not profound and I’m not going to invest my time in a relationship that obviously has an expiration date, WordPress!), I’m going to post a bunch of stuff I’ve been drooling over for days, weeks, maybe even months. My “Lust List” if you will.
- Instax Mini Instant Camera: Something about physically holding your photo seconds after you’ve shot it is so rewarding. I’m all about that instant gratification.
- Zara Faux Leather Combination Skirt: I’m in the process of cleaning out my wardrobe and willing myself to shop for quality pieces that flatter my figure. I refuse to keep wasting my money on “fast fashion” that is only going to come apart at the seams after a few cycles through the dryer.
- Cole Haan LunarGrand Wingtip: I pass by this store every day on my way to work. Apparently licking the window display is not an acceptable thing to do in public. Okay, I don’t really do that. Maybe.
- Michael Kors Hamilton Large Tote: Saw a girl on the bus with this exact bag early in February. I wondered how fast she’d be able to run in the heels she was wearing.
- Nikon D5100: Whenever I look through my iPhoto I get extremely nostalgic. For my DSLR. It broke toward the end of last summer. This one is a step up from my old one. In both price and quality.
- Macarons: I have an affinity for desserts… Pie, ice cream, churros, macaroons, cannoli, donuts, cookies, etc. I’m salivating just typing those words out. But I’ve never tried macarons. If or when I do, expect a post.
- A German Shepherd puppy: This is probably the most far-fetched of the entire list. One day, my sweet. One day.
- Muji 0.5 Gel Ink Pens: My sister brought me back two from when she was in NYC last year and I fell in love. That’s a weird thing to say about a pen. But they write so smoothly and have the perfect line weight.
- The Tokyo Dreamer Strap: Yeah, I have no story behind this. It’s cute. That’s all.